STATEMENT: CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
The Safety and the well-being of our members and guests is the No.1 priority at Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos, therefore we would like to share with you and update with the latest news of the situation in our beautiful destination.
As the global COVID-19 situation continues to spread rapidly, Los Cabos’ state and local authorities continue to work in unity to strengthen the destination’s health and security protocols in order to contain the spread of the virus. The health and safety of our community and visitors is our utmost priority.
On Thursday, March 26, 2020, the governor of the state of Baja California Sur, provided an update on the COVID-19 situation in Los Cabos; he stated the travel and tourism industry is the heartbeat of Los Cabos supporting 90% of the economy. As such, it is extremely important that public and private organizations continue working together to protect the health, safety, and economy of Los Cabos, and he announced new enhanced measures to ensure the safety and well-being of travelers and residents of Los Cabos:
- Bars, casinos, and gyms will be closed until further notice.
- All public beaches are restricted.
- Gatherings will be limited to no more than 25 people including churches and religious organizations.
- Restaurants to implement social distancing when seating customers and to enhance their cleaning protocols when handling food.
- Local residents are encouraged to use grocery and food delivery services to minimize exposure.
- Public transportation companies and drivers will be cleaning and disinfecting all vehicles frequently.
- Screening measures at the San José International Airport and ports throughout Baja California Sur to conduct passenger wellness checks, i.e. taking the temperatures of all arriving passengers.
- Containment measures in place should a passenger register an abnormally high temperature and exhibiting potential symptoms of the virus.
- Background checks for all passengers to confirm where they have traveled in the past 14 days.
We clearly understand that you are probably thinking in changing your vacation plans, so in case you need any assistance, questions or any inquiry please send us an email o call us using the information below:
Your Travel Flexibility
While many of our members continue to vacation and can’t wait to hit the beaches, we understand that things may change. As such, I want to cover a few options that are available to any members who may have their upcoming travel plans impacted.
Change to reservations:
If you’re scheduled to travel and would like to change your reservations to a later date, there is no change fee to do so with existing reservations with arrival date until April 30th., 2020.
Booking new travel for 2020:
If you book new travel for 2020 between March 13 - April 30, 2020, and your travel plans are disrupted as a result of COVID-19, changes and or cancellations to those new reservations will be permitted without any fees to do so at this time.
Future updates about COVID-19 will be released as necessary.
Last Update: March 31,2020